Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Nets Broke!!!

Brothers...

Pardon me while I rejoice!

Tracie began a van route about 15 months ago.....

This resulted in approx 100 regular bus kids and 6 regular families and two busses.....

She wanted to have a parents day and so today we took the busses and went to invite the parents of our 100 or so kids....

Things went crazy.....

End result....

We have approx 100 new kids today who signed up to come tommorow....

Probably 20 mamas will be on the busses with thier kids....

This left us with the dilemna of how to get some 200 kids and mamas to church....

Our nets were breaking!

I called a pastor friend who has been trying to sell me another bus and this afternoon I bought the bus and got it back to our campus.....

Many say that busses and kids are too much work for revival.....

But today I rejoice in a team of over 50 volunteers who have fallen in love with the souls of this city.....

I thank the Lord for an entire church family who will selflessly give to facilitate this mininstry....

And I rejoice in the God who called us and has allowed us to continue for over 19 years now.....

I pray that each of you see HIS blessings as well tommorro

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

Bus routes!
My wife and I drove buses and picked up kids, moms and dads for years. That was a long time ago. Today I can see three of those little girls as adults. Two are married to ministers one is a great saint, words of her pastor. One boy has become a great pastor. Yes, there is a lot of work, tears, sweet and prayer. From my current point of view the cost has no comparison to the final outcome.

Just my feelings;
Mervi