Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Met Eva Today

The Following is musings on an airplane a few days ago......


Did ever tell you I hate the seats that recline on an airplane…

The cat in front of me loves them….

So I have sat for an hour or so and thought about hating reclining seats….

About arriving….

And about the shuttle driver that drove us from the City Economy Parking lot at IAH in Houston to Terminal C.

I met her when she blew the horn of the shuttle and yelled at me to bring my stuff over three rows of cars to her shuttle…..

Oh brother….one of those…..

Indeed she was….one of those….

“Oh brother”, I told Tracie……

But then she bounded out of the bus and ran through the rows and pulled most of my stuff over to her shuttle….

“Get on sir and sit find your seat”

“Sir I’ll take care of these bags”

“Here I’ll do that”

“Sir find a seat and enjoy the ride”.

“OK”, I said, “I’ll just leave you in charge”

She already was…..

So Eva loaded us up…..drove us over….unloaded us with a cheerful, “Have a good trip”…..and was immediately gone…..

Here take this tip……

But Eva was gone…..

Without my tip….

She didn’t need mine….for she had found her own……

Eva was gone….

To brighten another’s day and to help another hapless traveler make his way from the economy parking lot to the terminal so he could connect to his destination….

Eva added value to me this morning….

I offered little to her…

I met Eva today….

The only reason I know her name is because she had pinned a card up with it on the shuttle…

But does the name really matter?

Her essence does…..

The world seems to be filled with folks looking for a terminal to connect them to their destinations….

And dreams…

But while I am enroute to my destination….

Eva, the Parking Cents shuttle driver seems to have found hers….

Helping others get to theirs….

And while I an anxious to arrive…

Eva already did….

No comments: