Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I Ask For Mercy"

I sat at the beside of a dear 82 year old matron of the church yesterday......

We talked of life and kids and grandkids and church and God and victories and defeats.........

And then we prayed....

As I sat beside her and prayed....

The dear lady began to wail out....

"Lord, I am not asking for justice, I just ask for mercy"

Her crying paused me and I listened as she repeated the prayer....

"Lord, I am not asking for mercy, I just ask for mercy"

Of which she prayed I know not....

To whom she prayed....

I know well....

And his mercy endures for ever and ever.....

This dear sister reminded me of my need for his mercy....

And my need to extend my own to others....

Blessings...

rks

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Thank God for mercy! Where would we be without it? Enjoyed your post.