Thursday, August 21, 2008

Computer Twubbles














I bought myself one of these Monday!

Here is the story.....

I have been using a Gateway laptop for about three years.....

It was old and slow.....

About 6 months ago the left screen hinge broke around the case......

To remedy this I duct taped the case.....

You can only imagine the mess.....

And the ridicule I get when I put that thing on the pulpit to teach from on Wednesday nights.....

So at a family meeting at lunch Sunday I informed the family of my intentions to treat myself to a new laptop on Monday......

The vote was unanimous that Dad deserved a new laptop for being such a stellar guy......

I was getting the lap top if the whole bunch would of voted against me!!!

So I bought the Toshiba pictured above and spent three days moving files and getting it just right.....

Ah what a laptop.....

Heaven had kissed earth.....

Then Wednesday afternoon late I decided to load a bible study software CD onto the new laptop.....

No worky!

Turns out the DVD player is dead in the laptop..........

So I get another new laptop on Friday!!!

And three more days moving files etc.................

The old Gateway might of been duct taped together but she never let me down........

Blessings...

rks

6 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

The problem with the laptop is you were looking at the wrong crowd for a show of hands for the vote. You saw the people raising their hands trying to get the attention of the server @ the Mongolian Grille.

KAN said...

There's something to be said for us old "tried and true" girls. We may not look as good as we used to, but we're dependable, reliable, and don't require as much...

Deadra's Dialogue said...

You had my vote to get a new computer....I was embarrassed for anyone to see my pastor with duct tape holding his computer together....lol

Lee Wells said...

My friend, what you need is a MAC!!!! It would not have taken 3 days to setup and it would have worked... and never crashed. :o)

Anonymous said...

at least your NNNnnn key worked --now go get your wife a new puter...lol

Trent Smith said...

hahaha I am with Bro Wells!!!! Once you go MAC you never go back!

Blessings...

RTS