Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Free on Bond

The bond servant had the scratches on the wall to confirm that indeed today was his seventh year.....

Today was his day of freedom....

He had come bankrupt, empty handed and nowhere else to go....

Today was freedom day......

As he gathered his possessions he looked around and paused.....

He had come with nothing.....

But now the Master had given him a wife and she had given him a family......

How can I leave them?

No doubt she paused with her chores and cast a look of curiosity and worry his way.....

When he dropped his bag and strode from the room....

To the Master's house....

Sir please come with me to the front porch......

Here sir is the awl......

Sir please do it quickly.......

So Master and servant leaned close to the doorpost and the awl was quickly driven through the servant's ear forever marking him as....

A love slave.....

He decided to stay because he had so much more in the Master's place than he had ever had in his own....

And then he had been given things...

Like his wife and family......

He loved them all....

This day he was free to go.....

But he was also free to stay.......

And the benefits of staying far outweighed the benefits of going.....

My blogger friend.....

The benefits of a relationship with Jesus Christ far outweigh being the master of your own universe....

The servant was more free than you or I might imagine....

He decided to stay.....

He chose the bond of love.....

He indeed was free....

Free on Bond.....

Blessings......

BTW.....

Since He was nailed to the cross for me I am nailed to the church for Him....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Pastor,

As I catch up on your blog, I remember my dad's message a few years ago... about being a slave for love... thank you for reminding me of the freedom I feel for having chosen to stay out of love... Love ya!