Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sleepless Night

Tonight I am emotionally and physically tired but sleep avoids me....

So I sit in a most beautiful home with my family around me this pre-thankgiving night pondering....

Pondering the realities of my blessed life....

God has been good to me....

Tracie has been such a trooper all these years and I can only rejoice that she continues to stand beside me....

Redonia, Trent & Calah bring me nothing but joy....

CUPC is the passion of my life and if truth be known tonight I do not sleep because I love her so much....

Tonight's service was filled with testimonies of people who God has done so much for....

Men like Kevin Greer who came here 15 years ago, young, confused and overwhelmed with life.....

Jimmy Hobbs who was so confused just a year ago.....

Jason Ballman the new convert who boldly told the church that he did not have much but now he did have this church and this church was his home.....

And the others who touched my heart with tender sincerity.....

I have so much to be thankful for.....

Paul told us the way to the will of God was to give thanks in everything...

Tonight I am so truly thankful for CUPC and the wonderful people I am called to serve....

I rejoice that my children walk in truth....

I rejoice that Tracie loves both myself, the kids and the truth....

I rejoice in the living, viable church God has given me....

I thank the Lord for every blessing and answered prayers....

And the unanswered prayer I struggle with this night I rejoice with thanksgiving that though I am sleepless with this burden......

I thank HIM for HIS answer.....

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

I hear the heart beat of a wonderful Pastor.

Mervi