Thursday, February 4, 2010

The House Of The Lady With Long Hair


I borrowed this from The Ballestero Blog. Elder Ballestero is a constant source for unique thought and life experience. Enjoy



Last night, I finished preaching the 1st night of Raleigh, North Carolina’s annual “Holiness Conference”. As I was stepping down from the platform, a tall brother in Christ made his way to me. “I have a Holiness story for you, he offered.

“A few nights ago, our doorbell rang. It was dark and I couldn’t imagine who would be at our door this late. He said.

“To my surprise, a little boy stood there, his eyes were red from crying. He was visibly shaken. His voice was strong as he said, ‘Please mister, do something. My Dad is hurting my Mom real bad! Call the Police…. Help her, please!’

About that that time, the sound of sirens was heard. Patrol cars were everywhere. Red and blue flashing lights interrupted the darkness.

The out of control, and abusive husband was taken into custody. The mother’s physical needs were being attended to.

He said, “I turned to the little boy and said, ‘I don’t live next door to you. Of all the houses in this neighborhood, why did you come to mine when you needed help?

“The little boy looked up into my face and said, “I just knew, that if I could make it to The House of The Lady with the Long Hair, everything would be alright!”

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

Our lives are, writen and know of all men.

Mervi

ps;
Great story.