Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We Can Sort The Sheep Later

Brethren….

I have lost families from my church….

I have gained families from yours…..

As a young man I remember thinking that God was sending us good people to help CUPC….

Never once really processing that my gain was another’s loss….

Recently I wept on the phone with a fellow minister that was losing a family to us….

He wept….

I wept….

We wept…..

For maturity had come to me….

My gain was his loss…..

His loss was not my gain….

Yesterday a minister that I have lost too spoke to me through his pain after losing several to another church…..

The gaining pastor has rejoiced of late because of the new folks….

And I am reminded of my own immaturity and lack of understanding where these things are concerned…..

My brother….

When you lose to me I do not gain by your loss….

Rather….

We both lose….

We can sort the sheep later…..

3 comments:

Just a thought said...

I have witnessed the heart of a Pastor today.

Just my thought;
Mervi

Tracie Smith said...

Great post, Babe!

Anonymous said...

Incredible post! Wept as I read this and felt just a bit of what pastor's must feel when they lose...
-Chris Ferguson