Friday, July 30, 2010

Golden Anniversery



Fifty years ago this week Pastor & Mrs. Ronald W Smith were married in Houston Texas.....

She borrowed a dress and he the cash for the license...

Over the next 20 years they became known as Mom & Dad to the five of us….

This week, my four siblings and I honor them with a 50th reception in Lufkin Tx….

Dad pastored for 40 years and recently retired for the second time….

Mom was right there with him every step of the way…

They taught us to love God, family, truth and the work of God…..

Their addiction to church work was passed on to us….

God has been good to them and they are able to enjoy their retirement years without pressure….

So this week……

Their five children and our respective families pause our lives and gather with them and a host of friends from around the world……

We celebrate their marriage…..

We celebrate their legacy….

We their children rise up and call our parents blessed….

And with this note I would like to remind my siblings……

I called them Mom & Dad first!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro. K.Smith, You call them Mom and Dad. I call them friends. Good friends. Not only friends but outstanding examples of what it means to be christians. Bro. Ron Smith took me in to his circle as a young minister. On several occasions Bro. Ron Smith has injectied life changing influence into my life. I will be forever grateful. While years and geographical location has seperated us. I have always known Bro. Ron Smith was as close as a phone call away. May God bless Bro. and Sis Smith on this their 50th. anniversary.

Bro. Randy Stanton
Westlake, La.