Friday, November 25, 2011

I Have Heard Your Prayer

One year ago CUPC began a new season of prayer and seeking the Lord....

Then, last May, I was led in prayer to this familiar verse and used it as the basis for several weeks of study....

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.   2 Chron 7:14

The Lord led us to seek His face, turn from our ways and pray with the promise that he would hear us in his heavenly realm and heal us in our earthly one....

We labeled our study and pursuit....

7.14 Church....

Many, many, many hours of prayer have gone up from our sanctuary....

Prayer changes this.....

Our prayers altared the landscape of our church.....

Revival comes in many packages.....

Last week, after a year of passionate pursuit of His miraculous....

With inadequate time to prepare for our Sunday evening service I asked the Lord what he wanted me to say....

He told me, "Go tell the people that I have heard their prayers"

I referenced the phrase and like a thunderbolt I felt the clear voice of God as he shared Hezekiah's promise with myself and CUPC.....


Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.  2 Kings 20:5-6

These words came alive to me and I consider it a word from God for our church.....

I have heard thy prayer......

I have seen thy tears.....

I will add to you.....

You are healed.....

I will deliver from the spirit that has besieged you....

I will defend you, therefore the battle is mine and not yours.....

These key words jumped into my spirit.....

Heard, seen, heal, add, deliver, defend...

He has heard and seen and healed and is adding, delivering and defending on our behalf......

After seeking his face for a year with as many as four prayer events a week in our Sanctuary.....

Breakthru!!!!

The Lord has heard our prayers....

He has seen the sincerity and purity of our tears.....

Healed as he promised back in May if we would seek his face.....

He is adding right now to the church.....

He is delivering from the afflicter and besieging spirits......

And he is defending.....

However, it is not time to relax.....

Rather, it is time to turn up the heat a bit more....

Pray a little harder and humble ourselves a bit more....

And stand back as God adds, delivers and defends......

Time-out for a shout!!!!!

rks






No comments: