Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunday Night Drink


Sunday I spent the afternoon seeking the Lord for the evening service….

I had a nice little thought, outlined, saved to jpg and dropped into Dropbox and then retrieved on the iPad and opened in GoodReader…..

Whatever happened to a piece of paper scribbled on and folder up in a reverend’s bible?

Anyway,

I…..

I, the Right Reverend R Kent Smith was Ready to Roll…..

But in the prayer time before service I started getting real thirsty…..

Thirsty for a deep drink from the well of heaven…..

I could see David looking down over Bethlehem and longing for a drink from Jacob’s well……

Then I could see some mighty men breaking through and bringing him a drink……

So, instead of the outlined, Dropboxed, GoodReader’d sermon ……

I simply read 2 Samuel 23:15…..

And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!  And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem……

I closed my bible and simply told the folks that this was how I was feeling…..

I was longing for a deep drink of the spirit of the Lord….

And then asked if anybody could hear my longing and would be willing to break thru……

One man, two, then a host of mightly men came and prostrated themselves in the floor and sought the Lord for a good season……

Some of those mighty men will be joining me in 4 hours at 6 a.m. to press for break thru again…..

Even had some mighty women call and ask if they could come…..

Now I feel like David again and want to poor out that sweet drink to the Lord because I am no way worthy of the mighty men and mighty women of CUPC…….

rks

No comments: