Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Week of the Big Wedding














And so the BIG WEEK has arrived....

My boy is married later this week....

Ah the three years of romance and drama Tracie and I have observed.....

And lived through.....

The engagement has been fun for us....

Tracie and I have endeavored to enjoy every stage of life with our kids....

Being the parents of the groom has been fun....

Last night we ran into the bride and groom at Dilliard's and I had a good father of the groom talk with them.....

I do not think it was received too well or appreciated.....

But oh well....

I didn't listen to those trying to help me either the week I got married....ha

Oh the joys...

And pressures of getting married....

This week I send off my boy into a world that will be his to conquer....

Tracie blogged up her emotions yesterday http://www.traciesmith.blogspot.com/ and when she read them to me we both cried....

I will write more this week but for the next couple of days....

I am simply gonna be the groom's father and drive the groom's mother around town doing what she needs to do....

Hopefully I can find a way to splurge and let Tracie know that I still think she is as beautiful today as she was July 3, 1982.....


Life has been good with this girl....

And I look forward to the next phase as we hold hands for another 26 years....

And this week is no different....

Another milestone...

Another happy occasion....

As we launch our son into his own world of manhood....

I pray we have placed a love for the kingdom in him.....

Little else matters to us....

Fame, success and money will but pale if he is not a Kingdom lover...

But I have every confidence he is....

He has chosen a beautiful young lady....

Calah acts just like his mother.....

The kids will be on staff here at CUPC as Youth Pastor / CCS Teacher / CCS Secretary / General flunky and flunkette ........

Their future is bright and I am very proud of them....

Today I am off to hold the groom's mother's hand....

I intend to treat her to a nice lunch....

Sneak a hug....

And offer thanks to the Lord for such a wonderful family....

Blessings...

rks

3 comments:

Steven Saiz said...

I've read both you and your wife's blog and no doubt you have worked hard to have a great family. It's been four years since my daughter left the quiver and launched out into the world to make her mark. I still miss those special moments with her at home...trying to wake up through the haze of morning light...late night snacks cutting up and laughing with her brother and I...etc. So I understand how momentus this week is for you! We celebrate with you as your family takes on another stage in the process of life!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

My brother you are so correct...

The kids have been a blast and we are enjoying this part of the journey a well...

You mentioned quiver and launching out....

My comments at the wedding are all bout the purpose of an arrow being aimed(launched)...

I will be blogging up my thoughts in a day or so and it will be called....

Crosshairs on the Cross....

Thanks for your friendship....

rks

Unknown said...

Kent, I am so very excited for your son and for you and Tracie. God Bless you on the "BIG DAY" and try not to stress! LOL!

Kelli