Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dad-a-holic Recovery
















Hello....

My name is Smith....

And I am a recovering dad-a-holic.....

Yup....

I been addicted to being a dad to my boy for 21 years....

The same boy that traded me in for a little gal last week and went off to Mexico with little regard for my feelings....

Ha.....

I have been messed up this week.....

Now before you lecture me let me simply state....

I am relishing this part of the journey too.....

And I talked to some buddies the last couple of days and they were messed up just like me when their boys made the same trade....

I know all the symptoms and remedies for my feelings and since I am a professional I am too smart to feel these feelings...

But I am a dad-a-holic......

And I have loved this addiction....

Oh well......

I guess Doni has to take care of all my little tender sensitive daddy feelings for a while....

In all reality though......

I have lost nothing in the transactions of the last week...

Rather only added substance to my addiction....

And instead of two addicting kids in my life....

I now have three......

2 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

The more the "merrier" or is it the more the "harrier"! Great post!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Bro. Smith,
I may not comment often on your blog but I love reading your posts. You have such a flair for writing.