Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trust






















This week Doni and I rode this thing together....

We were strapped into a nylon vest and buckled to the cable and dropped from 100 feet in the air and ride we did!!!

During the whole time my thoughts were not on the ride....

Rather on the buckle thing that held us....

I had put an inordinate amount of trust into an inanimate piece of steel.....

We choose what we trust.....

Our choices determine who and what we become....

And the things we trust say much about us.....

David said that some trust in chariots and others horses but he chose to trust in the name of the Lord.....

I choose to do the same.....

Rather than trusting the temporal and mundane of a shallow generation....

I choose to put my trust in the Lord...

He has yet to disappoint me.....

And just as I trusted the connector of the sky coaster to hold me.....

I put my trust in HIM more than ever....

Blessings...

rks

2 comments:

Linda Weldon said...

Love this post! Sorry we missed your message - I am so glad you all were able to get away and have some fun this past week! We love ya'll TONS! ~Sis. Weldon

Philip Harrelson said...

Kent,

You have a gift with this blogging stuff!!! Very good thoughts about trust.

God Bless,
PH