Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thoughts on the UPCI 2009 General Conference

Having arrived home this afternoon from the UPCI General Conference in St. Louis......

I have been mulling my own thoughts of the happenings....

First my overall impression is .....

All is well......

The term limits of our manual were not kind to the sitting General Superintendent Bro Kenneth Haney....

It appears my single vote was not enough to push him over the top so life must move forward.....

Bro Haney's graceful response was incredible and hopefully I will pass the grace test in like manner.....

The Election of David Bernard to the leadership of the UPCI is in my opinion a good decision.....

It is my opinion that Bro Bernard will be a by the book kind of leader and both the right and left would do well to shift center.....

Sooner rather than later.....

It is also my opinion that those tottering on the fence will be inclined pull center under Bro Bernard's leadership.....

Thanks to the Haney's for their selfless years....

Congrats to David and Connie Bernard......

One final note on the election....

Wayne Huntley's name appearing as the fourth vote getter indicates that the UPCI is much more conservative than the doomsdayers prophesy......

The preaching was phenomenal at the conference....

Indeed the Healer is speaking.....

I enjoyed the fellowship of many and rejoice in the unity of the brethren we felt.....

Looking back two years to Tampa's vote and remembering the confusion of the movement following said conference and comparing that to the feelings we share leaving St. Louis....

I think we can be safe in saying that somewhere the last few months the UPCI did a little right hook back towards the center.....

To God be the Glory.....

To all those we saw at the conference I rejoice in your friendship.....

To those we did not see.....

We will see you next year here in Houston.....

Blessings....

rks

No comments: