Thursday, April 10, 2008

Build A Bridge















Tracie and I love San Francisco....

Some time back we were there for a wedding and I was left alone for an afternoon...

So I caught a cab and headed out to Golden Gate Bridge...

And walked it....

I walk daily and love to walk new places....

Golden Gate was the best...

As I remember the beauty of the bridge I ponder the bridges I have built myself....

Bridges with people...

The saints of CUPC....

The leaders of the community....

The not so pretty neighborhood Tracie and I have adopted....

And realize there is always a span between each of us that remains unbridged unless we personally bridge it....

A couple of years ago I made a New Years resolution to build bridges with people....

Since that time I have made literally hundreds and probably thousands of new friends...

Bridges are connectors...

They connect me to you....

They connect you to me....

This blog is an example....

I have connected with many new and old friends in the months Tracie and I together began blogging....

My friends across the country I have met via forum land are just across the bridge....

When one constructs a bridge....

He will really not know what he is going to find until he completes it and arrives on the other side...

Bridge building is not easy...

But oh so worth it to find an old or new friend...

You been building any bridges lately?

Hopefully you have not torn one down.....

In my several visits to New York City I have not walked The Brooklyn...

But I one day will....

And if I have not bridged to you yet...

One day I will....

Blessings....

rks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another bullseye, Elder. Good thought.

Anonymous said...

Rats! I thought maybe I had won a prize or something by coming to your blog. Actually, I have visited several time and have enjoyed your insight. I, too, have promised myself to be more of a bridge builder. In Home Missions I know that sometimes it can be pretty lonely. We have been blessed to have a great home church that stays in touch through our blog and phone calls, and some great churches in the local area that have befriended us. It has made a difference. Build a bridge. It makes life better.

Tracie Smith said...

Great post! Thanks for inspiring me being the introvert that I am to build a few bridges!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Outstanding post. I too love the Golden Gate Bridge. For years I traveled across it to work in Marin County before taking a position in San Francisco. My daughter is Marketing Director for the Golden Gate Bridge & Transit System so it makes it even more special.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

You said it so well - it's a great post! Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~
Sister Smith, you, introvert? Who would think?. God is awesome and knows how to help us.