Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A View From The Balcony




From the balcony today....

I viewed friends and family bid goodbye to a very fine young man....

Whose life was cut short.....

As I looked on....

I endeavored to place my son in the casket.....

I endeavored to sit on the front pew with my boy in the videos shown.....

Twas a feeling more than I cared to continue.....

I know each of our lives is but a few days and full of trouble...

But I think taking one's child and leaving them at a cemetery must be the worst....

Parents ought to never outlive their kids....

But the reality of life is....

Many times they do.....

And to walk with faith in the midst of such a trial must surely be the loneliest of walks....

And times like this remind me that....

All things work together for the good.................

I would rather read that....

All good things work together.....

But that is not how it is....

Some bad things....

Some sad things....

Some ugly things.....

Some terrible things....

Some things that I do not understand...

Some wonderful things...

Some dreams come true kinda things.....

Some failed dreams as well......

All those good things and not so good things work together....

For me...

And you...

For our good...............

There are more things about life that I do not understand than I do....

But this thing I know....

He is always in charge and in control.....

And to my friends who said goodbye to their boy today...

Please know you are in our prayers....

If one day I sit in your pew and walk in your shoes....

And you sit in the balcony looking down....

Please remind me...

That HE is in control.......

Blessings...

rks

1 comment:

KAN said...

And, Pastor, Justin was such a great young man - full of life, love, joy, kindness. Truly a Christian young man. His parents have been an example of Christian giving as they have cared for their son these last years.

And while I know Justin will be truly missed, he still made such an impact on so many people in the short time he was here.

And I, too, pray that I never have to sit on the pew of my son's funeral.

kathleen