Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do I Answer This Fool Or Not?



Why is it some folks like to argue about everything.....

And have more opinions than their life span could have possible allowed?

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes; Prov 12:15.......

It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling. Prov 20:3......

A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident. Prov 14:16.....

OK...

Nuff said about that.....

But sometimes one comes face to face with a fool and has no choice but some sort of response.....

So I have tried to speak sense to some fools.....

I have tried to shake some sense into a few fools....

I have even tried to squash some fools.....

But to no avail......

Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Prov 27:22

The writer indicated you can take a fool and grind him up like corn in a bowl.....

But even after grinding him up....

After chewing him up and spitting him out.....

After pulverizing him.....

He is still a fool.....

Now this is scary.....

Talk about a quandary.......

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. Prov 26:5....

Now I like this one....

Answer the fool so he won't be wise in his own idiocy......

The last thing we need is for the fool to reproduce himself.....

Now this is real scary.......

But there seems to be a line crossed in here somewhere.......

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Prov 26:4.....

And this is where the fool wins......

Too many times I have answered the fool according to his foolishness.....

Only to discover he was more successful converting me to his ways than I was him to mine.....

So?

Do I Answer The Fool Or Not?

Methinks I might have answered The Fool one two many times in this life....

What about you?

Blessings....

rks

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

Bro. Smith - thanks for dropping by my blog. I thought I would follow your link and was I ever surprised to see your post about fools. I have never been tempted by things of this world, but I do have to pray through over idiots. They severely try my patience. I'm trying to remain calm and I repeat often, "They walk amongst us." LOL Do I answer the fool? Why waste my breath. LOL I'm just being facetious. You have a great post.