Friday, May 2, 2008

Something Just Doesn't Feel Right



I travelled this morning to a conference and will be returning home tonight....

And needed an internet connection so I am in the Hampton Inn lobby "borrowing" their wireless signal.....

Something just doesn't feel right....

I called home to find out my kids getting married next month are having drama....

Isn't it amazing as a parent when things....

Just don't feel right???

Wednesday night I left our Mid.Point service early to attend a wedding shower for Trent and Calah at Calah's church....

We worshipped and made announcements and received the offering and baptized a new convert and Tracie and I left the service to attend the shower....

Leaving the service early......

You preacher types already know.....

Something just didn't feel right......

We arrived at Calah's church and found our way to the shower....

I walked in the shower as the Grooms father....

And the pastor of a neighboring church.....

You preacher types will know that....

Something just didn't feel right.....

People were kind and gracious and one of the young ministers there endeavored to make Tracie and I so comfortable....

He brought punch....

And since I was talking away to someone.....

Bro Ricky placed my cake in my chair and went about his business...

I talked for a while and decided it was time to set beside my bride and enjoy the shower and the gifts and hold her hand....

So I sat down....

And...

Something just did not feel right!!!

Yup you guessed it....

The father of the groom and neighboring pastor and one of the guests of honor for the evening...

Sat down.....

Bulls eye....

On my piece of cake....

Something just did not feel right!!!!!

As I was sitting there I told my little Doni.....

"Something just doesn't feel right"....

She said, "Dad you didn't"....

"What," I asked and stood up....

And cake dropped to the floor and the perfect shape of the slice of cake had imaged itself upon my posterior.....

And people burst out laughing....

And Tracie was scrubbing and rubbing.....

And cameras were flashing....

Something just didn't feel right....

And so I decided to go with the flow and laugh at the clown that sat in the cake.....

But even laughing at myself about the incident a couple of days later....

Still....

Something just didn't feel right.....

Blessings...

rks

3 comments:

KAN said...

I cannot believe that EVERYONE you know and "love" hasn't posted a comment. We ALL know they HAVE a comment to make. HA!

Love ya, Pastor.

Can't wait to see the PowerPoint!!!

Carrie Blair said...

I heard he is now known as "sweet britches"! Hmmm "Sweet" and Bro. Smith does that go together?

Something just doesn't feel right!!! Ha!Ha!

I couldn't resist!

R. Matt Newton said...

That is great! I am sure that words are unable to do the story justice, but I most definitly have the mental image.
Brings a whole 'new' meaning to unlevan bread.