Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ok People...I Need Your Help!















I have had my laptop duct taped for the last few weeks.....

It would have been a simple and quick repair...

But today it really broke and I have to hold it all together and it will not close or turn off and I really should of had it repaired.....

But my addiction would have suffered without the trusty Gateway....

This old machine I am using has been good to me.....

We have made a many a post and mile together....
















I think I deserve the gold plated MacBook Pro pictured above....

What do you think?

My boy has been pressing me for a MacBook...

Says it would enhance the ministry and youth group and music department etc.....

I asked him if he can afford one....

He tells me over and over again....

No Dad, but you can.....

Get a job boy....

Here is my quandary....

Trent is getting married in four weeks....

Should I treat myself to a new laptop or MacBook before the wedding........

Or should I wait until the week after the wedding....

And treat myself to a post wedding celebratory bit of retail therapy?

So there you have it folks...

I need your help....

Wives are not allowed to read post such as this one....

Please feel free to send your donations to...

The RKS Pastoral Post Wedding Celebratory Retail Therapy Fund.....

Blessings...

rks

7 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

My vote goes for MacBook NOW. :-)

VA said...

My vote is for one yesterday, Trent and I have been trying to get you one for years. Just think of all the blogs that can be written in bed with the back lit keyboard. Inspiration at 3AM no problem, no need for lights fire up the mac.

ps. Trent and I could sure use a mac book pro blessing

Trent Smith said...

They have a special @ guitar center...... 1,699.99 for a macbook pro, or 2,000 @ the apple store. my vote is for you to spend some time in prayer and learn to be more sensitive to the HG and buy two like the good Lawd is leading you to. Blessings most high potentate RKS

Anonymous said...

Don't believe the hype. Don't get a Mac. :-)

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Thanks Kaptin...

Your wise counsel has reasurd me....

There will be no Mac for me.....

If one goes Mac he never comes back....

And I do not with to spend extram money on an inferior product...

Blessings to you Kaptin

scott phillips said...

MacBook Bro.

You will never regret it. I assure you as a recent convert. I bought my wife a macbook.. she loves it.

I think I am going to get either a macbook pro or a macbook air.

You do a great blog. You have a real gift of communication. You are the Blogging Man.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Thanks Bro Phillips....

The Blog is the best place in the ether world that you can....

Present yourself in the manner you want...

Not be criticized too much...

If you don't like the comments....

You can delete them...

And still hang onto ones own perceptions of how one is...

Haha....

Thanks my friend...

And thanks for the inspiration for the Healer piece a while back....