Monday, May 5, 2008

Groom With A View


























Ok....

Somebody out there talk to me.....

We have a wedding for our son in 4 weeks....

I want to know who lied???

Who told me weddings were cheap if you are the father of the groom....

And all the work and expense were on the bride's side...

You and I my friend need to talk....

I thought a $99 K&G suit....

$49 Stacey Adam's...

And a hot dawg supper was all I needed to worry about.....

Somebody lied.....

Just how many wedding presents does one mother of the groom feel like she has to buy?

Why does it take not one but two outfits for the whole family to go to a 2 hour wedding?

And just why can't the groom wear a $99 suit from K&G anyway?

I think the groom cost just about as much as the bride.....

At least with the bride I'd get a hug and kiss....

What dad wants to hugged and kissed by a 6 foot tall groom that has gone brain dead over a 4 foot tall little gal.....

Did I say brain dead?

You got it......

And can you believe that this boy is trading in a perfectly good set of parents and free room and board for such a little snip of a girl?

But there is something good coming out of all of this....

This little gal can get cooperation and obedience out of this boy that his mother and I never could....

There are moments we are glad to send him off over to her mother's house.....

But can somebody tell me why a good pair of $49 Stacey's and a $12 dollar K&G tie is not good enough to get married in.....

Had I been in charge of budgeting...

I'd have pulled this all off for under $500....

But nobody put me in charge of budgeting...

Or anything else for that matter....

My job is to do what I am told.....

And I do it gladly....

For I am proud of my boy and his girl.....

And I am glad to do whatever I am asked to make the kid's day perfect.....

And if the boy in the wedding that is not wearing that $99 suit is gonna look pretty good.....

And I am sure he will think the gal in the white dress is gonna be looking real good....

And while all the mommas involved will be crying....

So will I....

And my boy will embark on his own venture....

Kinda like I did with his momma 26 years ago.....

And the kids will find success in life.....

Just as their parents did....

And they will make it.....

Just as we did.....

But when I get my hands on the person that lied to me about the $$$$$$

We are gonna have a talk.....

Blessings....

rks

8 comments:

Trent Smith said...

hahahahah this is the funniest post

Anonymous said...

And just think, Trent is the easy one... Can you imagine Redonia's wedding??

Karla said...

Great post!!!

Steven Saiz said...

Love it! Great po$t! But a$ what ha$ already been po$ted.....If you think thi$ i$ co$tly....wait for your daughter'$ day....

Keith and Carla said...

I enjoyed this post!

Debbie Saiz said...

Great and funny post! I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

It has to be hard seeing your kids grow up and leave the comforts of home. I just can't wait until Redonia get married. Then we will see what you have to say about the expense of a wedding. LOL!!!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Hard nothing...

I'm looking forward to the day its just me and mama....

Then we can sit in those matching reliners in the perfectly clean and quiet house....

And wish the kids would come over....