Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorable Memorial Day














Memorial Day Weekend.....

That particular Sunday is always challenging for me as pastor.....

At least half of the church will be gone and rightfully so....

So what does a pastor do to create a good atmosphere yet acknowledge the holiday....

Oh I know one could just have church and all would be well.....

But as a pastor I have endeavored to acknowledge special days and offer appreciation to those worthy of it....

In this case....

Those that have served or are currently serving our country to protect these great freedoms....

America might not be perfect....

But she is still the home of the free and the land of the brave....

So yesterday.....

We worshipped....

Had a nice little flag ceremony along with pledges of allegiance to both the the US and Christian flag...

Power Point presentation....

Worship medley of songs giving honor and thanks to our God.....

Trumpet solo and drum accompaniment of Glory Glory Hallelujah....
Acknowledged our veteran's and prayed for the two CUPC members currently serving our country in the military.....

I preached......

And to close the service there were two first time visitors in the altar!!!

Tracie and I picked up a load of kids for our social event of the afternoon....

We ate watermelon and fellowshipped....

Took the kids home.....

And spent the evening together at home....

Memorable Day.....

Today....

Memorial Day...

I am taking Tracie back to the beach to listen to the waves again.....

Windows down and top back on the Lexus.....

Today I take off my pastor hat....

And plan to be a regular guy with my girl.....

This no doubt will be a .....

Memorable Memorial Day.....

Blessings....

rks

1 comment:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I hope you too have fun! Love ya'll!