Saturday, May 17, 2008

Snack of the Year



















Hey sir, will you hold these for me?

And I was presented a near empty box of chocolate raisins....

Tracie and I had been doing our weekly gathering up on young'uns for Sunday School....

When we entered the complex a police car was pulled up to an apartment....

This is a good sign for revival....

And in just a few moments the police left and Tracie, Misti Ferguson and I were praying with a 44 year old grandmother who had more of life on her than she should right there on the sidewalk.....

I got in the car and honked the horn at a fellow that was crying in the complex bible study on Thursday night that I believe is gonna receive the Holy Ghost on Sunday.....

I spent a few moments visiting with a backslider lady who was trying to somehow convince me the broken arm on her husband/boyfriend/shack up or whatever....

Anyway she was trying to convince he broke his arm on her leg while they were wrestling.....

Personally I think she whupped him.....

Anyway we made our rounds and found out two of our families of kids were evicted and we don't know where they went....

Too sad....

But the highlight of the day was me, the Lexus driving big time pastor....

Getting the basketball out of the trunk and playing with two 9 year olds.....

Then Caleb showed up to play....

That's where the raisins came in.....

Sir hold these for me......

Ok....

So in my pocket went the box of chocolate raisins....

We played a while and then it was time to go....

Ball back in the trunk and the ladies loaded up.....

Hey Caleb, here are your raisins....

The little guy ran over and took the box and said....

Here, take some....

I really didn't want any....

Who knows where they have been?

Yuk....

Gimme your hand...

And out poured 4 little shrivelled up chocolate raisins and the box was empty....

You take them sir, I want you to have them.....

So I get in the car holding those little raisins of questionable history....

Tracie said I know your not gonna eat those....

Nope and I laid them on a cup in the holder.....

Til Tracie wasn't looking....

And popped them in my mouth....

Caleb was sharing those raisins and I'll be a dipped raisin myself before I don't eat those nasty little things...

Hummmmmmm

Not so bad.....

I don't know which was better....

The raisins....

The look in Caleb's eyes....

Or the fact the little black guy shared the last of his snack with the big white guy that kept telling him black boys can't play basketball....

I know I brightened his day.....

He'll not really understand how he brightened mine.....

Blessings....

rks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Big Time Pastor. :-)

Lee Wells said...

And you may not ever know how that story has touched me tonight...

We should never get to big time for dirty little raisins!

Keep up the work of the kingdom!

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, now what all did those raisins come in contact with before coming in contact with your mouth? I can see that box being the home to little crickets, sandy fingers, used as a spoon or funnel to funnel the eaten ones directly to Caleb's mouth...While I do love my little buddies to death love has its limits!

Anonymous said...

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I thank God for men like you who have a burden for the lost. Thank you for sharing!