Tuesday, May 13, 2008

















Dad, we're pulling off the freeway right now. Can you come help us?

Were the words coming from the phone....

And my boy who is getting married in three weeks....

Was driving a U Haul.....

He moved his girl into their house tonight....

This is a bit surreal....

My boy marrying off and moving some gal into the church parsonage....

By the time I arrived he had help and the truck was about unloaded....

I helped put together a bed and moved some furniture around....

Sat in a chair in the living room and realized...

Though the church owns the house....

My boy is king there now...

And in about four weeks....

Will be living in that house with a girl...

Attaboy....

Not so fast boy.....

And of course the myriad of emotions as they crash through his mother and me.....

But all will be well.....

And now he has somebody else to take care of him....

And his mother can take better care of his father now...

This empty nest can't be as bad as I have heard....

rks

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your post is great. Empty nests aren't fun. My heart broke four times when my "birdies" flew away to build their own nest.