Monday, September 22, 2008

Surprise Visit To My Parent's Church

Yesterday CUPC held only one service due to our recovery efforts from Ike....

So Tracie and I took off to Lufkin to surprise my folks in their evening service.....

It had to be a secret or Dad would make me preach, nevertheless I took my bible anyway just in case....

Mom and Dad retired about five years ago but got bored so they took a little church not far from their home and began working their magic on it....

We slipped into the sanctuary to the warm sounds of worship.....

I was overjoyed to see my parents doing the same thing I have watched them do for the last forty years....

Taking a few folks to places they have not been before....

Congratulations to my mom and dad, the Rev. & Mrs. Ronald W Smith for the work they are doing....

And thanks to them for putting the love of the ministry and kingdom in the hearts of all five of their kids....

I am blessed with such parents....

Blessings...

rks

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Ahhh! That's neat! I know they were happy to see ya'll! You have great parents. We've been blessed to have some fellowship with them since we've moved to Lufkin. I'm glad ya'll got to be with them.