Saturday, December 20, 2008

Congrats Amy Baby!















Last Evening Amy Brown Weldon Stewart (she answers to all of those names) graduated from Sam Houston State University with a business and accounting degree.....

I am so proud of Amy!!!

Tagged the airhead by her classmates at Conroe Christian School she is showing us what airheads can do.....

As she walked across the stage a beautiful Pentecostal young lady I could not help but remember......

Remember the night she told me she was ready to be baptized....

Remember the days and nights spent with she and her friends and family.....

Remember the miracle of the new birth experience in her life.....

Remember he efforts to overcome sin and ugly things in her life.....

Remember the service before she made up her mind to live for God.....

Amy showed up that service with her hair freshly cut and dyed bright burgundy and a mucho short skirt on......

But I remember the victories, joys, and momentous moments that have made this fine young lady to be what she is today....

She married Jared a couple of years back and moved away.....

But invited Tracie and I to her commencement and party....

Amy may attend church elsewhere....

But I will always be her pastor.....

Congrats Amy Baby!!!

Pastor

2 comments:

KAN said...

I couldn't help but sit in church this a.m. and cry as you talked about Miss Amy. Yes, it is true. A balloon with glasses portrayed her at the annual CCS Awards Banquet. (I sat many of time in class and gave detailed directions concerning problems, Amy with pencil in hand, eyes in the book --and even on the right page, in the right book -- only for her to question, "What did you just say, Sis Newt?)

But, you're so right pastor. Look at the others that graduated with her or those "horrible old boys" that did provide the entertainment at the banquet. Yes, a few have been "successful" by worldly standards, but few are successful in their personal lives, and not very many are still living for God.

Let me agree with you here: Congrats, Amy Baby. You go, girl.

Love you LOTZ and LOTZ. (And I can say I'll always be your teacher, too. HAHAHA!!!)

Amy said...

Aweee so sweet!!! Bro. Smith my favorite Pastor of all time and Sis. Newton my favorite teacher of all time!!!! I would not be where I am today if it werent for you both and so many others ... Thank you for investing in me :)

Loveya!!
Amy