Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Grinch Zone



























It seems to me that the holiday season is filled with so much pressure.....

As a pastor I find myself so busy with life and helping others and even attending Christmas functions that I am simply on auto pilot....

For instance, the first Monday night of December we always attend a minister's banquet....

Mind you, this is the week after Thanksgiving and who has had time to shift gears for Christmas?

Then comes other banquets, parties, staff functions and so much work....

Not to mention the $$$ pressure that is felt during the season....

But yesterday it happened.....

I got in the Christmas mood.......

A few weeks ago I wrote a letter to Santa requesting a new Blackberry and then even told her that I had hidden sufficient gift cards on her dresser so my new Blackberry shouldn't cost her/Santa anything.....

I saw Santa at church on Sunday night and reminded him of the letter I had written her......

Maybe it was the story of Christmas at the Christmas Program.....

Maybe it was the family I carried a card filled with money......

Maybe it is thinking about the 32 underprivileged kids that will receive 3 gifts each this Sunday....

Maybe it is because I know today Trent and I are going to be with some friends for lunch.....

It might be the freezing weather outside....

I am not certain exactly at what moment it happened.....

But the magic caught me.....

I am now ready for Christmas......

Get out of the way Grinch....

This is now the No Grinch Zone....

Have a great Christmas.....

rks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for loving Jesus, sharing, ministering and encouraging.

Blessings to you and your beautiful family.