Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No Coffee @ Starbucks!!!

I told the barista guy I wanted a grande Pike's Place coffee and to leave room for cream.....

He looked embarrassed and then told me....

Sir this will sound crazy but we don't have any coffee today because we ran out of coffee filters....

He proceeded to tell me that he would give me anything for free on the menu as long as coffee was not required....

Hummmm........

No Coffee @ Starbucks.....

I wonder how many times someone visited CUPC and got the same response....

I wonder how many times the hopeless came and left without hope.....

I wonder how many times the depressed left depressed.....

How many times did the lonely leave lonely.....

The barista today told me he had plenty of coffee just not any thing for that coffee to flow through......

And there is never any shortage of HIS spirit or anointing....

Sadly sometimes there is a shortage of folks who will allow HIS spirit to flow through them.....

I pray the pulpit and pew of CUPC never runs short of people who have the Holy Spirit flowing in their lives.....

I could have hung around Starbucks for a little while today and the coffee would have been flowing nice and fresh but I did not have time.....

I wonder how many might have visited my church and hung around waiting for someone like me to allow HIM to flow through myself to them.....

I think I might need to go pray....

Blessings...

rks

5 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Another thought provoking post...

Carrie Blair said...

Awesome post....Sis. Blair

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Good stuff pastor.

Tracie Smith said...

I can't imagine Starbucks not serving coffee.

Ok you are simply KING OBJECT lesson! Please share this with the church. We all need to hear it....

Karen J. Hopper said...

You've brought to thought two things that we take for granted. I can live without coffee even though it will bring a headache; however, I can't do without His spirit for it will bring heartache. Great post.