Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas Officer




What did I do officer?

Were the ever so innocent words I asked the DPS guy at 1 a.m. this morning.....

70 in a 45 he replied...

I already knew....

Are you in a hurry?

Well sir I am staying at the La Quinta while I visit my folks for Christmas and my wife wanted bottled water and Redonia wanted coke and in this one horse town of Lufkin Texas I cannot find an open store....

These tickets are Tracie's fault....

Can I see you insurance card?

Actually officer my insurance card is in my briefcase back at the hotel with the thirsting to death girls and the reason it is in the briefcase is I have it in my wreck file since this car just got out of the shop after being rear ended before Thanksgiving while I was shopping for a new door for Tracie....

The wreck and these two tickets are Tracie's fault.....

Wait right here sir.....

Sign right here sir......

Sir you can contact the judge before January 5th to pay these tickets your wife just got you....

Thank you sir.....

Officer...

Can you tell me where to get bottled water tonight?

You can't he said as he walked back to his car....

Thank you sir.....

Merry Christmas Officer!

5 comments:

Misti Ferguson said...

Poor Pastor!

Karen Kay said...

ok - this makes me laugh out loud!!!!!

Carla Patrick said...

OK, this just made my day!

Anonymous said...

wait a minute..you gotta give us more credit than "1 horse town" right? at least a horse and half..

Tracie Smith said...

Hummmmm ever since he bought 'me' the Lexus he can't control his speed! lol I rarely even get to drive the car. For the record It was Redonia he was trying to please not me.....Somehow I KNEW it was my fault! Never mind he was driving in a congested area. Hummm @ almost 50 yrs of age you should know that you can't go 70 mph in a business district. Enough said....

You all should have seen his sheepish self when he returned to the hotel.....

What a waste of $$$$! Yes, I'm still pretty bitter when I think about it.