Monday, January 12, 2009

Convicted Inspiration









Tonight Tracie and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and fellowship with David & Sally Whitaker and their 5 kids and extended family members........



David and Sally found the Lord only a few years ago and now are building a church from the ground up, Hope Tabernacle....

David quit his job as VP in a major home building firm a few days ago and is walking by faith....

Sally told us tonight that a great portion of his decision was inspired by a past post on RKS Upclose, Solution for Revival........

Tonight after dinner in their home when asked if I wanted dessert I told them what I wanted was a tour of their church......

They were shocked and excited so we quickly ate and forgot about the pie and took off to the church....

I was inspired and convicted....

Oh how I remember the early days of starting our church....

David and Sally were hungry for any and all ideas....

Tracie and I loved sharing with them.....

But when David told me he was giving a $5k offering to Christmas for Christ....

I was convicted....

How does a home missions church do this???

And can I let this home missions church do more than our church????

Look out CUPC!!!

I am impressed and inspired by the success the Whitaker family is finding in this prime area as they pursue the calling God has placed in their hearts....

David and Sally have risen to the challenge, and in their simple and humble approach finding more success than others much more pedigreed were able to.....

God needed a man and his family in Montgomery Texas...

God found his man in Pastor David Whitaker.....

David and Sally Whitaker are living the dream of walking by faith and seeing God perform the miraculous.....

I am a better man tonight......

Blessings....

rks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME.......and the Whitakers are such fine people......Truly they seem to be sold out to God.
She is always so bubbly and seems to be excited all the time.

Shirley Patrick