Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!


A new morning...

A new day.....

A new year.......

His mercies are new every morning.....

I wake up this New Years Day with a complete new quota of mercies for this day and year.....

A complete batch of new mercies for the next 365 days....

Looking back CUPC ended the year with a net gain of 15 new families....

Looking forward there is so much to see.....

This year I hope to see a few things happen in my life and ministry....

Goal: The removal of any thing or ministry that does not add value....

Value added is a new motto.....

Goal: The removal of all debt both personally and at CUPC.......

I cannot imagine a month without the pressure of a big church mortgage payment but believe this is the year.....

Goal: Revival of faith and Apostolic boldness in both myself and CUPC.......

Apostolic people do Apostolic things.....

Goal: A new suit size for myself....

Preferably smaller.....

Goal: To love Tracie more than ever before......

I cannot imagine how I could but I intend to find out.....

Goal: Fall in love with Jesus like never before.....

Please understand the above list is in no way a listing of priorities....

Rather simply a set of goals I hope accomplish in the coming months.....

Also there are several other goals that I believe I will see this year that include numeric growth of CUPC, blessings for my grown kids, health for my family, a relaxing getaway vacation for Tracie and me, a special request for my baby girl, and the list continues.....

I trust that this new day of hope and mercies that has been handed to me will not be wasted....

Rather I intend to work harder and see greater things in the coming months....

BTW....

Tracie gave me a membership to Wedgewood Golf Club here in Conroe for Christmas....

This means that I must also set a couple of new goals in my golf life as well......

Goal: Golf at least once a week this year....

This is terrible.....

Goal: A new set of Callaways or Big Bertha's or Taylor mades or whatsoever the Lord chooses to set in my pathway.....

Or fairway or green....

Happy New Year.....

rks

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

May His strength guide you to His perfect outcome to all your goals. In this year.

Mervi