Monday, August 16, 2010

Revoked



Today while updating an account I was surprised to see several past staffers of CUPC still listed as having privileges to the account....

I asked the clerk to help me remove the past staffers and to just make the account more up-to-date....

As I one by one told the clerk which person's name to remove I saw the word in the above graphic flash in bold red font as the name was clicked on to remove....

By clicking on "remove" the program flashed a great big "REVOKED" on the screen over the selected names....

"REVOKED" seemed kind of harsh to me....

So I left there pondering the word....

"REVOKED" defined: to take back or withdraw; annul, cancel, or reverse; rescind or repeal:

I did not like being the decision maker in this matter...

It seems I was the one who cancelled certain privileges for the names selected...

Reversing privilege or access was not something I enjoyed....

My decision resulted in the annulling of another's "access"....

I rescinded past "authorization"....

The repealing of past decisions made me sad.....

While every one of those names I "REVOKED" meant much to me on a personal level, I knew that stewardship required I follow through with this updating....

Not a single one of the "REVOKED" do I have a personal problem with....

As harsh as the word sounded to me....

I have decided it was the perfect word for the process....

This prompts my next thoughts...

I wonder if God has ever had to consider the "REVOKE" option where I am concerned....

And if HE has...

I wonder if HE felt the harshness of the word as I did today.....

After all HE has invested in me, surely the thoughts of having to "REVOKE" past access hurts....

While I know HIS mercy endures forever....

I pray my decisions never place me in this position with God....

Can you imagine standing in line on Judgement Day and finally coming face to face with HIM...

HE asked the angel for the records concerning R Kent Smith....

And the angel sadly showing HIM...

And me....

That "REVOKED" had been stamped across my name......

I pray this never happens....

Therefore I choose to stay in right relationship with HIM....

For I choose to never have my "access" to HIM...

"REVOKED"

No comments: