Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sometimes!!!

There is so much tumult in the day we live in....

Noise and clamor on every side....

Confusion, fear and strife seem to cloud every waking moment....

Politics and political correctness force themselves into places never intended for them...

Finance or lack thereof are a constant pressure....

Family sometimes ceases to be family....

But in the midst of it all I find solace in the Word of God....

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

Amid the clamor, tumult and strife...

Sometimes....

Sometimes I need.....

The Wonder....

Counsel....

A mighty delivering God....

Everlasting Father I can trust....

Peace.....

It seems to me that The Lord recognized there would be days we needed each of these.....

Sometimes I just need to feel the wonder of the Wonderful....

Sometimes I just need some counsel and a Word from God....

Sometimes I need the miracle of the Mighty God....

Sometimes I need the Everlasting Father so I can just trust again....

And sometimes I need the Prince of Peace to bring me the peace of God that passes understanding....

Today is one of those Sometimes days and I intend to bring those five things to CUPC tonite.....

No comments: