Friday, August 13, 2010

It Ain't Coming Back In!!!



So.....

The neighborhood association decides that this weekend is the time for all of the residents to clean out the junk and set it all out on the driveway for the neighborhood garage sale......

Please note that not a single sale will be in one of the 88 houses in our gated community....

Garages are for all the junk we are gonna keep....

But I digress.....

So for two weeks Tracie has kept me busy.....

But the first order of business was to clean the garage so we could junk it up again...

I happily conformed....

On my own terms...

And cleaning the garage meant adding new shelving and going through every single rubbermaid box that has been horded out there for the last 28 years....

The garage became an emotional journey....

Then came the downstairs closets...

Upstairs closets....

Every single drawer....

Every nook and cranny......

I even crawled into that little space under the staircase landing...

The 2nd story attic....

And then the 3rd story attic....

All and I mean all had to be gone through....

28 years of sentimental hordage was sorted and I was told to go up and down those stairs hundreds of times til it was in all deposited in the formerly cleaned and restored garage....

I must humbly comment on what a wonderful spirit I have displayed during these events....

But now the telling moment arrives...

The alarm is set for 5 a.m.....

And before daylight all the rummage will be placed out for the community to dig through....

My single command during all of this has been....

If it goes out to the driveway....

It ain't coming back in....

So I ponder....

This has been good for us....

We have sorted, cleaned, discarded, prioritized and now removed many things from our home we deem no longer necessary for survival....

If this works for the outer man....

Twould probably work out good for the inner one as well.....

Take some time my blogging friend....

Sort the the stored rummage that has collected in your spirit and heart....

Move it outside.....

And make the decision.....

When it is moved out....

It ain't coming back in......

Blessings....

rks

No comments: