Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 14



Hey Mr. & Mrs. Smith, where is the beautiful baby girl, came the shout across the room…..

Silence…….

And the lovely little Luby lady, Linda knew something was wrong with the question…..

Tracie quietly responded….

She passed away…..

And it hit me….

14 days ago Annaleigh toddled into eternity…….

Trust me….

Pain is pain is pain is pain is pain….

Grief is grief is grief……

And emotions will do what emotions do in the painful time of grief…..

Our’s sure have…..

Amid incredible love and support emotions do what emotions do….

Amid incredible faith and trust, emotions do what emotions do…..

My office day was filled with great people stopping by and loving us……

But emotions do what emotions do…….

Today my emotions have done exactly what I told them not to do……

So I retreated with Tracie to the cemetery……

None of us are exempt from such emotion….

If we deny ourselves the pain we deny ourselves the sweetness of tomorrows joy…..

If we super man our way through the dark we get trapped in the caves of despair and depression……

Ooooppps let me take this call……

Dad, it was 14 days ago about right now our world turned upside down so I wanted to check on you and mom,….

It was Annaleigh’s Uncle T……

We are OK son……

14 days…..

Where did 14 days go…….

Where did 2 weeks go………

They seemed to have disappeared into the blog of emotion and prayers…..

While emotions continue to do what emotions do…..

I look forward to church tonight…….

I look forward to his presence…..

Friends, cards, associates and family have come and gone……

And on day 14, Tracie and I are unattended for the first time……..

I sit on here and let Tracie nap…..

I ponder His abiding grace even in the valley of the shadow of death…..

I give thanks for friends and family……

I so appreciate every prayer and note…..

Every token of condolence incredible….

The carefulness of CUPC phenomenal…..

You my dear friends have shared so much love with us…..

I simply and graciously offer a Thank You…..

rks







No comments: