Monday, April 23, 2012

Y Y's

Today my personal goal is routine….

I got up early and went down to the Y to reestablish my 30 minutes every morning on the demon elliptical machine…..

And the Y would not be the Y without the table full of old gents and blue headed lasses who hang out predawn for 5 minutes of exercise and a couple of hours of coffee and gossip….

Hey pastor, where have you been?

Well, for the last few weeks I have travelled and then the last few days I have been saying good by to my grandbaby…..

Oh, was that your baby that drowned?

And then I found myself stepping into the role of chief explainer and then resident grief counselor to these dear people…..

One guy was angry….

The Baptist deacon pontificated…..

The crippled CPA guy leaned forward with concern……

Another fellow wiped tears……

The blue heads buzzed…..

And I stood there at the Y and discussed the Y…..

Discussed the Y’s of the Y with the Y guys and Y gals…..

People I said, I have to accept one single base line of faith…..

Either Jesus Christ is Lord of All or…..

He is not Lord at all……

He either holds our lives in His hand or He does not…..

People I said…..

I choose faith…..

I choose trust……

I elect the concrete base line of faith that He holds everything in His hand…..

Even our sweet Annaleigh……

He holds our Redonia in his hand…..

While she deals with personal griefs and loss of her baby….

He holds her….

He holds my dear Tracie in his hand….

Though her pain and loss seems insurmountable……

He holds my Tracie in His hand…..

He holds Uncle T and Aunt Calah in his hand…..

Grammy, Popsie’s, Mama’s, PawPaws, and the rest of the family rest in His hand…..

The many who have sent prayers and cares from around the world are cradled in that same hand….

He holds me….

He holds my life…..

He holds my world…….

Calah sings the song, He holds my world in His hand……..

And indeed he does…..

And this morning at the Y…..

The now not so angry Y guy said this is so hard…..

The handicapped CPA  Y guy smiled……

But then I can see this Y guy has had his own series of Y’s to deal with….

The deacon Y guy kept deaconing…..

The teary Y guy was now a smiley teary Y guy……

The blue headed division of Y gals, continued to buzz…….

And me the heart broken pastoral poppy and daddy Y guy…..

Felt once again the peace and comfort of His spirit…..

I left the Y this morning after being Y’d by the resident Y guy & Y gal delegation……

With my faith restored…..

And then amid restored faith…..

Heart rate still elevated from the demon elliptical machine…

I headed home for routine….

And incredible routine headed my way…..

For the phone rang and I set an appointment with a man at the altar this morning…..

So dealing with the Y’s of Y gals & Y gals at the Y this morning…..

I get the help another guy with his Y’s in his personal world….

And after an altar experience this in a little while…..

Y’s will be resolved by the Master…..

His routine….

My routine will be restored…..

And tomorrow a the Y…….

I get to share again with Y gals & Y guys…..

Y choose trust and faith…..

I have faith to believe that a Y guy or Y gal will soon loose their Y’s…….

And Doni & Lolly & Uncle T & Aunt Calah & Poor ole Poppy…..

Will accept our Y’s with faith and confidence and trust….

Please understand….

This writing is so faith filled is sounds surreal…..

However sometime today the questions and hurt will storm back into my spirit…..

I will wrestle with the Y’s all over again….

Yet I know…..

He is Lord of all…..

He holds me…..

He holds my Y’s……

He holds your Y’s…….

He holds all these Y’s in his hands……

And what better place for Y’s is hands with nail scars?

Blessings…..

rks

                                                                                           

No comments: