Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mid.Point Wonder...



Tonight’s bible lesson at CUPC was for the pastor if for no one else….

One of our staff ministers, Kevin Vyvial stepped up and grand slammed the Wed night Mid.Point faithful…..

As he talked I listened with one ear and my mind traveled out ahead…..

David was stripped of two things at Ziklag….

Those he trusted and those he loved…..

I have been there….

More than one time I have been stripped of those I trusted…..

And more recently stripped of one I loved…..

Job likewise was stripped of some things…..

Cattle; his income, his revenue stream…..

Camels; transportation and mobility……

Family: kids were all stripped from him in an instant….

Wife’s faith; even the wifey no longer had faith to believe in him or his God…..

Friends: his friends were an unlikely bunch who hung around but did nothing to encourage or life him up…..

I too have seen days when I was stripped of finance, those I trusted, finding myself paralyzed unable to be mobile and even had my family discouraged around me…..

But Bro V tonight took us to Psalm 77……

And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.  I will remember the works of the Lord, surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.  Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary:

I will remember the right hand of power of the Lord….

I will remember wonder…..

I will meditate thy works….

I will spend time in the sanctuary…..

I left our Mid.Point service tonight with new resolve to …..

Spend time in the sanctuary pondering His works and His wonder and the power of His right hand…..

No comments: