Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fresh Mercies & Faith



I woke up this morning……

Things were different…..

Oh I know that funerals, broken hearts, empty high chairs & missing hugs make things so different….

But the difference I speak of is not what was missing….

Rather….

This morning fresh faith…

Fresh fire….

Renewed mercies…..

And a brand new renewed confidence in the Holy Ghost awaited me this morning…..

Please understand, this is in no way a pseudo-spiritual denial of my natural grieving with the loss of Sweet Annaleigh…..

But His mercies are new every morning….

He said to his disciples, My peace I give to you….

And some of that peace splashed over on me…….

I know I will weep today when I go by the cemetery…..

In a few moments Redonia will come to the church and I will not get my Sunday morning kisses in the office from Annaleigh…..

But I also know…..

That in about two hours……

This church will begin to lift up its voice in worship……

That worship is already seasoned with so many prayers this week……

And while my faith is renewed and strengthened this morning…..

Just think…..

In a little while, somebody will find new faith, new hope right here in the same sanctuary our Sweet Annaleigh lay last Tuesday night…..

And the same altar area that contained a little white casket, 200 or so floral expressions and toys gone silent……

That same altar will also be renewed and restored…..

Restored into a birthing table of the Holy Ghost…..

Simply put…..

There is a hole in my heart…..

But there is no hole in my faith……

And hell messed up this time…….

Today’s service at CUPC will not be an extended funeral for Annaleigh…..

But today we step into the nursery of the spirit….

New babes will be born…..

Men & women set free…..

The move of the Spirit released…..

And God gets all the glory……

rks

No comments: