Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today I Joined The Y






I made Tracie a promise back at Christmas time....

Today was the first step of keeping it...

The fellow that never took a single day of PE or a physical ed class of any kind his complete life....

The fellow that has never lifted a single weight of any kind in 47 years....

Me.....

I joined the Y today....

I sent a message home to Tracie what I had decided and would be home after the crime was complete...

So at six a.m. tomorrow while all my sluggard preacher buddies are slapping the alarm....

I am gonna be up and trying to not get thrown off a treadmill....

Does anyone know if they put training wheels on the bikes there?

And what in the world is an elliptical machine?

Such knowledge is too much for me....

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

Tamara Frazier said...

Pastor, remember our bodies are our temles right? Remember to be careful and dont break every bone in your temple in the process of shaping it LOL. We love you and yeah I think I will definately be praying for you in the morning.....

@mafost said...

Do you remember what it feels like when your dad gave you spankings when you were a kiddo? Think long and hard of that feeling...that's an elliptical machine. That's why I don't use mine anymore :(

Glenda said...

YEAH!!!you can do it!!! RAH!!!RAH!!!RAH!!!lol

Anonymous said...

The elliptical machine is great! It's a 5 minute workout...well maybe you're supposed to do it longer, but that's all I could stand. Enjoy the torture pastor!
Chris Ferguson

Tanya said...

That's awesome Pastor Smith!!! Enjoy your workouts, let us know what you thought of the elliptical machine :)