Thursday, February 12, 2009

facebook is bothering me




K folks....

I admit I am struggling with facebook....

I recognize the role of online communities today....

But this facebook thing is really bothering me....

Its great to find old friends...

I think the status post is neat....

I am happy to have new and old friends....

But here is what bothers me....

It is the women who connect to everybody that they know or don't know.....

Men don't seem to do this.....

At least to me!!!

Somebody tell me if I am wierding out on this one....

I think it wrong for men and women to talk on the phone or chat rooms because that leads to inappropriate temptation.....

But the facebook letting down of guards etc is bothering me.....

I see pastors interacting with people on a much to casual basis....

I see women chit chatting with men about their status....

I see pictures posted by married folks of other married folks.....

Tell me what is right about numerous friend request daily from women one has never met....

Folks....

This is scary.....

It is bothering me.....

Oh, I am not tempted....

Tracie has every password to every online community I frequent so I have nothing hidden....

But this casual letting down of guards is convicting me.....

I am praying about all of this.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right.........People need to be so careful.......I withnessed the most horrible situation this past weekend that I have seen in a long time just becuase of some one letting down their guard.......However, I do know that if people want to do wrong they are going to do it regardless but also there are temptations that we do need to avoid. So true I wouldn't pick up the phone and call a man friend just to chat with them and neither should we do it on line and get personal.......Lord Help Us ALL....
It is neat to connect with old friends and I am old enough to be most of the people I connect with's mom and have been a second mom to most of them but all these younger ladies and men need to be real careful........
Now that is my two cents.
love,
Mom-in-law/Shirley Patrick

Anonymous said...

You are so right.........People need to be so careful.......I withnessed the most horrible situation this past weekend that I have seen in a long time just becuase of some one letting down their guard.......However, I do know that if people want to do wrong they are going to do it regardless but also there are temptations that we do need to avoid. So true I wouldn't pick up the phone and call a man friend just to chat with them and neither should we do it on line and get personal.......Lord Help Us ALL....
It is neat to connect with old friends and I am old enough to be most of the people I connect with's mom and have been a second mom to most of them but all these younger ladies and men need to be real careful........
Now that is my two cents.
love,
Mom-in-law/Shirley Patrick

Anonymous said...

oops sorry, why did it come through twice......

Karen J. Hopper said...

Bro Smith, I agree with your words. Some of the pictures and words found on Facebook are uncomfortable, even though many are from people I have known for years. As for me, I think I'll pass using FB. Anyway I can get into enough trouble on the blog without writing on the FB Wall.