Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Brotherhood


Smith’s are like Sacketts….

You know…

The famous ministry family that Pastor Louis L’amour always referenced….

One Sackett gets in trouble and they all come running…..

Well that is the way we Smiths are….

We all come running…..

Not only do we come running but we multiply……

I pause wish to apologize to the world for my mother who brought Myron & Andy (David) into this world…..

But I digress…..

The call came that Annaleigh was missing and then she had been found in the ditch…..

The phone started ringing immediately….

The first call I was able to take was from a brother….

Not one of the Smith boys….

But one of the Brotherhood boys….

One of the tremendous friends that has become more than a friend over the years….

A fellow minister who has shared his heart with me and I, mine with him…..

This Brotherhood called the ministry…..

The first evening alone I endeavored to answer over 200 text messages from the Brotherhood…..

I looked up and the Brotherhood had forsaken their Wednesday night services and many vigiled with us at the hospital….

One of the Brotherhood was en-route on a trip but turned around and beat us to the hospital…..

Other of the Brotherhood came to the hospital after service and stayed for hours….

Brotherhood came bringing entire families….

Brotherhood gathered from the east and west coasts……

Brotherhood that I did not know were on site…..

One of the Brotherhood ordered out a big stack of pizzas…..

Big baskets of snacks showed up via the Brotherhood….

Dollars appeared from the Brotherhood…..

The Brotherhood bought plane tickets….

The Brotherhood bought hotel rooms….

The Brotherhood has filled our pulpit…..

The Brotherhood stood in line for hours to speak to us that Tuesday night…..

The Brotherhood filled the seats of the church for the funeral…..

The Brotherhood continues to call and text……

Business people from around Conroe who came and saw continue to comment about the sheer numbers of people who came….

I have tried to explain….

It is like a police officer or soldier passing in the line of duty and many come to see and share….

When the Brotherhood perceives the Brotherhood is wounded…..

Like Sacketts & Smiths…..

The Brotherhood comes running…..

Personally…..

I will never question or doubt the Brotherhood…..

I will never take for granted the network of God called men of God…..

This Brotherhood is beyond value…..

This Brotherhood is beyond fellowships and affiliations….

This Brotherhood is knit via the union of the Holy Ghost…..

This Brotherhood…..

Men of like precious faith…..

Men who might squabble over the insignificant…..

But show up for war when the significant calls…..

My Smith brothers are dear to me….

My Brotherhood is beyond value.……

Old Louie gave me the Sacketts….

Mom & Dad gave me my brothers…..

But God….

God gave me…..

The Brotherhood…..

rks


No comments: