Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today Marks Four Weeks


Four weeks ago…..

Four weeks ago today…..

Annaleigh toddled into eternity…..

Leaving us here, wishing she could have stayed…..

Four weeks later….

The flowers are gone from the ditch….

The water is not……

Friends have all returned to their places…..

Annaleigh left us…..

But she left her stuff…….

Now we deal with her stuff……

Stuff that we love….

But stuff that was hers…..

Stuff that was her….

Stuff that continues to be…..

Annaleigh….

Redonia still deals with the stuff called Annaleigh….

Tracie deals with the same stuff….

As do I….

This one thing I know…..

I love Tracie more today than ever before…..

I love Redonia more than the day I dug her out of the dumpster and adopted her….

I love Trent & Calah more than a fat boy loves cookies….

And the absolute shortest route from the grief we find ourselves in is…..

Hanging together…..

Loving each other……

Refuse the divisive tactics of the destroyer…

Trust…..

The message remains the same as funeral day……

How is it with the household?

And again I can carefully, confidently report……

It is well!!!




No comments: