Friday, May 18, 2012

My Church


I Love My Church….

If you have visited out church website you saw a slide on the homepage with the previous statement…..

We began a capital campaign a while back and called it…..

I Love My Church…..

Oh and I do……

I say My Church, please understand I own nothing there…..

Tis not my building, not my saints, not me young people, not my music program…..

All that belongs to God……

When I say My Church I reference the fact that along with the great family there….

I too choose to worship there…..

Therefore it becomes My Church because it is My Church……

Oh, CUPC is no different from most other churches……

We got our saints…..

We got our aint’s…….

We got our faithful……

We got the other kind too……

We even got a few very Christlike members……

They may come today and then again they may not…….

But, I Love My Church……

We have seen miraculous unfolding over the years……

We have prayed hundreds through, maybe thousands…..

We have seen folks come….

We have seen far too many folks go…….

Those choosing to leave us had their reasons that I fault not…..

I have learned this simple truth…..

Some folks couldn’t stay if they wanted too….

Others….

Couldn’t leave……

And those are the ones I blog about this evening…..

The people who absolutely could not leave……

The CUPC family was incredible during our recent loss of Annaleigh……

Many gathered at the Conroe hospital…..

Many gathered at the church…..

Bunches made the trek to the Houston hospital……

These people were incredible…..

The called the a/c guy, the lawn guy, the paint guy, they aerobic guy to my house……

They fixed leaky faucets, changed light bulbs, swapped out toilet seats, did laundry….

Had a professional cleaning crew of 6 at my house at 5 a.m……..

They fed us….

They wept with us……

They treated us way better than we ever deserve…….

They have been faithful……

The kind of people that couldn’t leave if they wanted too are the kind you find at CUPC today…….

I am one of those kind…..

I couldn’t leave if I wanted too……

These people have loved me…..

They have loved my family……

They have cared for us in indescribable fashion……

My Church is the best…..

My Church serves and loves the community…..

Oh, we have not built a country club atmosphere……

We insist on outreach…..

I expect the lost every week…..

I drive a bus every Sunday morning…..

I figure the best way to keep folks in the harvest it to be there myself…..

We don’t have a country club, user friendly, felt needs atmosphere……

But we do have Holy Ghost every week…..

My Church knows how to love…..

My Church knows how to sacrifice……..

My Church knows how to worship……..

My Church knows how to love their pastor and family……

But My Church loves little scraggly bus kids the same way…….

My Church has spent hours, weeks, months & years in prayer with me seeking the face of the Lord…….

Today I salute the incredible family of believers that worship with me at My Church…..

They are not mine……

I am theirs……

For they hold my heart in their hands…….

rks





No comments: