Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some Days I Need......




For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:  and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,  The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9.6 
I have long learned that I am not, nor can every be the Lone Ranger….

The Lone Pastor….

The Lone Husband, Father, or any other kind of Lone (title inserted here)….

This verse shares one of my most treasured thoughts…..

A child…

The child was born….

A son….

The Son was given to us….

Given to us for these purposes…..

Government…..

He provides order and systems in our lives that if we simply follow his systems all will be OK….

And His name provides even more than just order….

Wonderful…..

There are days I just need the Wonder……

I need the mysterious, excitement of the Wonder of the Lord….

Counselor…..

He knew I would never have all the answers so he stepped in as the chief answer giver and problem solver….

He negotiates on my behalf….

I like that!!!

The Mighty God…..

Supernatural, Mighty God stuff is a mandate…..

I refuse to live without the supernatural workings of His Spirit…..

The Everlasting Father…..

Some days I just need to crawl up in his lap and say….

Abba Father…

Daddy…..

The Prince of Peace….

He knew….

Oh yes He knew….

Some days storms would rage….

He knew clouds would darken…..

He knew sorrow, pain, distress and a myriad of other things would blow into my life and I would need….

I would need Peace…..

He has not failed to show up a single day for work……

That is why I trust Him….

rks



No comments: