Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jack Donkey Theology




This jumped out at me this morning.....


You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally. I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.  1 Corinthians 9:24-28 MSG

I am running hard for the line....

The finish line.....

No napping....

No turning back.....

No squabbling....

No fussing....

No cussing.....

No holding back.....

No sloppy performances......

No sleeping on the job......

No semi-retirement.....

No slacking....

No missing out myself......

And so.....

I intend to keep on keeping on regardless of opposition, circumstance or enemy.....

Had Samson been keeping score that day....

He would have given up long before he killed the thousanth Philistine.....

But he did not....

He did not keep score.....

He did not quit.....

He kept swinging...

He kept fighting.....

He kept killing.....

He kept on keeping on.....

And the Lord provided him refreshment via the head of a dead jack donkey....

He has provided me the same via the cousins of Samson's......

Keep swinging my friend.....

At the end of the day......

You will have thousands of dead enemies laying around you and you will find refreshment in the head of your personal jack donkey.....

It would be sad to stop swinging at nine hundred ninety nine......

How bout it....

One more swing....

Get back up.....

Hold that donkey head and swing that sword.....

The prize will be worth it......

Remember....

Saul killed his thousands...

David his tens of thousands.....

Samson killed his thousand and got his donkey head too.....

To some, it is all about competitive wins and one upping the other...

However....

You will look back one day....

Wow, I cannot believe the victory.....

And you'll be holding the head of a dead jack donkey to prove it.....

This morning I grin back at the grinning jack donkey head....

That jack donkey might of kept his grin but he lost his head.....

I will keep both of mine....

Why don't you????

rks






No comments: