Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Destiny, Dugan & a Lexus

Tracie has assumed the burden of the worst crime infested apartments in our city. The community is locked behind twelve foot iron gates but the trouble is both inside and out. I am amazed at her fearless assault for a few young children in this hopeless neighborhood. Tonight I watched one of her little friends outside the church doors as she waited for her ride home and purposed that maybe we can keep this child from an early teen pregnancy, abuse and drug use. Tracie is my hero...... I love her too......rks

Mrs. Smith write down what kind of car this is so I can tell my friends at school what I rode in today….

Wow, Mrs. Smith you shouldn’t bring this nice car down here….

Last week a car like this came down here to Dugan and my cousin jacked it and killed the lady driving it……

People get killed down here every day Mrs. Smith….

You still gonna pick us up for church this week Mrs. Smith?

So tonight Tracie asked if she can use me to take her down to the crime infested neighborhood she has adopted to bring Destiny to church…..

Sure dear…..

And when I rounded the corner into the war zone I remembered…..

This is the neighborhood we started working to build our church….

Our first converts and visitors were from Dugan….

Some of them are dead now…..

I pondered as I carefully drove…..

It all started down here in this hell hole…..

Destiny is bringing us full circle…

That is the little twelve year old girl named Destiny that my Tracie has taken on as a project…..

Destiny brings us back to Dugan in a Lexus…..

The first vehicle I took down there was nowhere near this…..

God multiplied it into quite a nice ride….

But last Sunday Tracie had it loaded with urchins from Dugan’s hell hole…..

And they are worried about the nice white lady in the nice white car…..

Methinks…..

Destiny brings us full circle…..

He blessed and protected the old mini van years ago…..

He kept his hand on us when we daily went to Dugan then….

Destiny brings us full circle….

It’s funny when the cops follow you around down there wondering what you are up to…..

Another dealer no doubt they think….

Yes….

A dealer in the eternal, taking a fancy little car into the hell hole called Dugan in pursuit of Destiny…..

And as many more little urchins as Tracie can stuff in the back seat…..

1 comment:

Gene Holley said...

Hey! Thanks for words of encouragement on our blog. I didn't even realize you had one. This post makes you think. What we are "dealing" will change a life for the better.