Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Loss of a Family Member

These were the words of the title line of an email from my Mom this morning...

Our hearts lept into our throats...

Who?

The email went on, We lost Bonnie, the dog, on Monday.

At first all Tracie saw was Bonnie and thought Aunt Bonnie had passed on...

Bonnie, the dog...

Mom's special little silver white miniature Schnauzer with the little back legs that could never jump up on Mom's chair...

The little lady didn't need to...

Mom did it for her...

"Here Bonnie," Mom would say and the little doggy would run to the chair and put her front feet beside Mom's hand and Mom would hold the little head while Bonnie climbed up beside her...

They spent hours together...

Mom and Bonnie in the chair...

Mom would rub and read....

I am not sure what Bonnie did but Mom sure seemed to enjoy it...

I think Mom loved Bonnie more than all five kids and five kid n laws and nine grands and one great grand.....

I think I might have forgot to include the grand kid n laws....

None of us ever merited the personal email like Bonnie did...

But none of us ever died either...

My heart goes out to Mom today...

She lost her special little friend...

I am sending her a copy of Mark Levin's, Rescuing Sprite to brightern her day http://sweetness-light.com/archive/mark-levins-new-book-rescuing-sprite...

Mom's email went on to say...

It was one of the hardest decision I ever made to tell them to just put her to sleep. We have been really sad.

Mom, I feel your sadness today and want you to know that the bunch down Conroe way loves you...

Kent

4 comments:

Trent Smith said...

hahahahahaha poor Bonnie.....

I don't know what we are going to do @ Thnksgiving this year without her. Maybe we grandkids and kids can all get together and purchase a memorial or something and we can erect it in the back yard in remembrance of Bonnie...... RIP Bonie RIP

Terry D said...

Hi Kent,
Sorry to hear about the dog. Greet your folks for us. We got a miniature Schnauzer last year from the below breeder. Great breeder if they are considering replacing Bonnie.
http://www.mtnhighminis.com/

Blessings,
Terry Dworaczyk

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Bro Terry...

I forwarded your note to mom and she sent this back...

Kent, Thank Terry for me for sending the websight. I enjoyed looking at all the champion dogs.
We are going tomorrow to our breeder to check out the older dogs which she is placing in homes.
We don't need a champion. We just want a lap dog.

Love ya'll

Mom

Thanks for writing and reading...rks

Terry D said...

My pleasure; your posts are always inspiring and thought provoking. It was good to see you in Florida at GC.