Thursday, February 21, 2008

Leading From The Pew


Bloom where you are planted!

Seems there are many men who gain their greatest significance from the positions they have been asked to fill. Others, have not arrived there yet long for the moment they are the man. Not realizing that before they ever become the man they are already the man. Or lady if genetics require the gender clarification. Anyway, enjoy this little observation. rks






I was once a leader....

I won several elections....

Had a district credit card, chair on the platform, and parking spot at the campgrounds….

Then I felt to let it all go.....

I pulled my name....

Cancelled tons of engagements...

Gave back the credit card....

Now I park in the dirt at camp meeting....

With all of this I struggled with the feelings of no longer being involved, and not being in the know, and remembering who I used to be...

Until I decided to find out who I was at the moment...

I was no longer the holder of position....

I was no longer in the know....

I was no longer of any influence...

I park in the dirt...

I don't merit the platform at camp meeting...

I am just a pew guy....

Pew guys stink....

I began to stink....

In all reality…

I stunk….

I came up with the novel concept for myself of leading from the pew...

Leading with no position....

Leading while parked in the dirt and sitting on the back pew.....

I moved myself to the front...

The light went off one day…..

I suddenly understood that I could have more influence leading from the pew that I ever could when I led while parked in that chair on the platform…

Wow......

It is a blast effecting things with no position.....

It is incredible helping to lift others up and endeavoring to avoid the restraints of position....

For you see.....

One in position is limited because of the confinements of the constituency...

The pew guy IS the constituency.....

So my stinking pew buddy....

Quit stinking.....

Rise up and lead wherever you find yourself.....

Positions might be term limited......

There will always be a pew to lead from......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic revelation, brother. Thanks for sharing this insight.