Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Help Wanted


I just cleared thirteen voice messages from political candidates who felt impressed to call and offer to go to work for me...

One was from a lady I knew who asked me to pray for the Lord to heal our land and vote for her candidate...

Don't you find it amazing men will spend millions to be elected to a job that barely pays thousands...

They want my help...

I am not sure I want their's...

I waved goodbye to a wonderful employee this week...

We had a family and leader leave the church as well...

Over the last year I have interviewed seven couples who were not interested in the full time ministry job I have to offer...

Tonight, we had dinner with a young family who just wants to be involved in the harvest...

We will do anything, they said...

How refreshing...

Ah yes...

CUPC has a ministry job to offer that includes salary, housing, utilities and other perks.....

But of late Tracie and I have changed our prayer....

We have begun to ask the Lord, not for help....

But for labourers for His harvest....

Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest , that he will send forth labourers into his harvest . Matthew 9:37-39

RKS

1 comment:

Lee Wells said...

Bro. Smith,

You have a fine site going here. Keep up the good work.

Maybe someday I will be able to keep up with your blogging skills.

God Bless