Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Tale of the Tares

I have been preaching from the parable of the tares of late. This thought was offered via a different venue a few months ago. Maybe it will help some who have discovered tares of late in the parsonage or elsewhere. Blessings


The man…..

The field…..

The dream….

The man with his toil……

His field….

And his dream….

Every dream requires a dreamer……

And seed…….

Preferably good seed…..

And so after long toil rest was needed…….

Rest was deserved…..

The man rested….

And dreamed ….

Of harvest…

And blessing…..

He slept….he dreamed……

While his enemy brought tares….

And was gone….

Wheat sprang up…..

As did dreams….

And tares…..

I know I used good seed…..

I did not plant tares…..

But wheat….

Why tares….

The enemy……

Anger could have boiled and every tare yanked out…..

But then the dream would have had empty places……

Grief could have caused him to cry daily over a compromised dream…..

Embarrassment could have made excuses for the apparently failing dream….

Denial could have said these are not tares…..

But the man…..

With his dream…..

And tares…..

Waited….

At the end of the day it was all was sorted out……

As always…..

A preacher had his dream…..

He deserved rest….

And while he rested and enjoyed the blessings…..

And dreams….

The enemy sowed tares…..

I did not plant that seed in my church…..

But indeed that seed has sprung up….

This is my church…..my revival…..my harvest……my dream……

Tares?

This is not fair……

No, but we’ve all been there…….

It could be worse….

What happens when the tares spring up in our children…..

We did not plant that kind of seed in them….

But the Enemy did….

While we took much needed rest…….

Tares in our kids….

Yes…..

Even in the parsonage…..

But wait…….

At the end of the day…..

There will be a reckoning……

I watched two minister parents yesterday…..

Weep over a son with tares….

Pastor we did not plant that kind of seed in our son….

But the Enemy did…..

What can we do…..

Wait….

At the end of the day……

Reckoning…..

And your dream….

Tare-free……

No comments: